Combination number 2 is first introduced as part of a 4th Kyu grading. Combinations are performed by count (shown below) and all the way through (i.e. 1 count all 5 moves).
From basic stance (Zenkutau Dachi):
- Step forward into back stance (No Kokutsu Dachi) with a knife hand block protecting the head (Shutouke Jodan)
- Change on the spot into basic stance (Zenkutau Dachi) and perform a vertical spear-hand thrust to the body (Tate Nukite Chudan) with the reverse hand
- Step forward into cat stance (Neko Ashi) with outer block (Soto Uke) and then perform reverse punch to the body (Gyakutzuki Chudan)
- Step forward into sumo stance (Shiko Dachi) with lower block (Gedan Bari)
- Step forward into basic stance (Zenkutau Dachi) and perform front punch to the body (Junzuki Chudan) with a Kiai
Things to remember:
- Do not step forward on the 2nd count, change from back stance to basic stance on the spot by moving the front foot across to widen your stance and then straightening the back leg.
- 2 hand techniques are performed on the 3rd count. Ensure that the outer block is completed correctly before performing the reverse punch.